Sunday, January 31, 2016

Once upon a time in a land far, far away...

Ever get to the point where you just don't care about things anymore?  Where you throw your hands into the air, drop a few F-bombs, and make a conscious decision to walk away?  I've been at that point since July 2014 in relation to what my education is for...  

I honestly only kept working on my degree because I was almost there and it’s simply stupid to throw it away after going this far.  I resigned myself to being educated in a field that I loathed, where the majority of people I encountered made me pine away for days of… what? Retail management in the holiday season?  Public flogging?  I don’t think that is even painful enough to compare.  Amazingly, after all that time, something has finally happened to curb my fury, to assuage my disappointment in "the field".   

I don’t want to give names or anything… but I can say it happened in Arizona because of Arizona people and British Columbia/Alberta people.  I met person after person who made me realize that my world isn’t the same everywhere… that maybe I’m just the anti-biologist who does love the LE elements more?  It was rejuvenating… refreshing… remarkable.  If I could think of another “re” compliment, I would, trust me!  I don't want to start popping out everyone's name, but SW, KVD, DD, RO, JK, JJ, KO, TP, JC.... yah, my perception has been altered and my world enlightened!


Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate that knowledge into my real world.  Better baffled than beaten, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment